Here are my selections for today’s card at Arlington. I have short notes for each race; if you have questions about other horses, feel free to leave a comment or tweet me at @rogueclown!
Race 1: Enchanted Facts (1), Three Tootsies (2), Tiz Lately (5)
- Taking a stand against Dancing Dove (4). Though she fits on class, her polytrack line is an abysmal 7-0-0-1.
Race 2: Go Bonnie Go (7), Fire Ship (6), Where’s Wanda (4)
- Go Bonnie Go is the class of the field, and likely lone speed. Logical single.
Race 3: Visionary Ruler (4), Slip Kid (5), Shanghai Red (6)
- It stands out that Chris Emigh gets off a “better” Becker horse to ride Visionary Ruler, who drops in class and should be speed of the speed.
Race 4: Allaire (4), Silver Kitty (9), Kara’s Angel (1)
- In a contentious juvenile field, Allaire has plenty of precocity underneath at a likely good price. Two first-out winners out of her dam Drumlin, and several five-furlong works suggest she should be fit.
Race 5: Goesse (2), Armando’s Star (6), Plunder (4)
- Lone speed in a short field is the gift that keeps on giving, and Goesse fits that bill easily here.
- Plunder is a consummate undersides type.
Race 6: Tapnfire (7), Be Playful (5), Cabana (2)
- My detailed analysis is in the latest Chicago Railbird.
Race 7: Yankee Dealer (5), Sweet Luca (4), Super Soldier (1)
- My detailed analysis is at Picks and Ponderings.
Race 8: Goldcasher (10), Rapid Red (9), Heartland (4)
- Goldcasher has a solid worktab, is bred well for the grass, and hails from a barn that wins a quarter of time with first-time routers.